Most frequent questions and answers
Wondering if the AngelMed Guardian System is right for you? Here is a list of some of the most frequently asked questions.
Patients who have had a prior cardiac event are candidates to receive the Guardian®. Your cardiologist can review additional indications and contraindications with you.
The value of continuous cardiac monitoring is simple: getting patients to the ER without unnecessary delay leads to better outcomes. The Guardian®:
- can alert you to an acute coronary syndrome (ACS) event even if you do not have any symptoms
- has been shown to have a higher accuracy of detecting an ACS event than symptoms alone
- has been shown to decrease the rate of incorrect and unmerited visits to the ER since patient’s do not worry about “minor” or transitory symptoms
- can allow patients to perform cardiac rehabilitation, exercise according to their doctors recommendations, and engage in sexual activity, while knowing their heart is being monitored
- can alert patient who have angina (i.e. who have symptoms regularly) that an event has been detected and they should go to the ER
Contact our support line at 1.800.508.5206 to get further information.
The Guardian® does not pace your heart. Its function is to evaluate your heart every 90 seconds and alert you at the onset of an acute coronary syndrome (ACS) event.
If you already have a device that is prescribed to administer therapy you cannot receive a Guardian®.
We are working to get reimbursement for the AngelMed Guardian® System and expect this to occur in 2019.